Catchings reflects on final WNBA regular season game


Indiana Fever star Tamika Catchings reflected on her final WNBA regular season game with the blog entry, "A Night I'll NEVER forget..." on SportsBlog.

Per the Fever website:
"I will NEVER forget last night and all of the people I was able to share the night with. So many memories created in Banker’s Life Fieldhouse and so many memories created in our Indianapolis community!! In my speech I just talked about never even imagining that I would be where I was, but so thankful for what God has blessed me with and for giving me so many amazing people to be in my life to share the memories with. Truly a blessing!! 
Lots of pictures, autographs and finally food last night with the fam. Today, I woke up thankful for one of my greatest nights EVER and anxiously awaiting what’s next. But, before that happens… we have a Championship to win!!! So, I need everyone to be in the house on Wednesday as we get back to work and fight forward with one goal in mind — #OperationSHIP (Championship that is… ; ) 
Until the next time, best wishes and GOD BLESS!"
Catchings had 16 points and seven rebounds as the Fever easily beat the Dallas Wings, 83-60 in her final regular season game. Catchings checked out with 1:33 left in the fourth quarter and received a standing ovation.

The Fever are in fifth seed in the 2016 WNBA playoffs and are going to face the Phoenix Mercury in the first round.

Catchings will exit the league as a champion (2012), MVP (2011), four-time Olympic gold medalist, five-time Defensive Player of the Year, seven-time all-WNBA First Team member, and 10-time all-star.

Comments