DeLisha Milton-Jones' retirement letter


WNBA veteran DeLisha Milton-Jones wrote a letter on the league's official website about her retirement.

Per the WNBA website:
"I’ve toiled over writing this letter for months now, but I’ve finally come to terms with announcing my… retirement! It feels funny to say the word without getting emotional. Basketball has been a part of me for almost half of my lifetime. If I could play forever, I would do it without hesitation. There’s nothing like being a professional athlete. I took a lot of pride in calling myself one. 
I always thought of leaving the game as a sad moment, but now I realize it’s a celebration. It’s all about perspective, right? Well, from my point of view, I’d say celebration is the perfect word to use."
Milton-Jones, a 17-year veteran, is set to become an assistant coach for the Pepperdine women's basketball team.

The 42-year-old forward will be retiring as a two-time champion, two-time Olympic gold medalist, and the current record holder of most games played in the WNBA with 499.

Milton-Jones last played for the Atlanta Dream. She also suited up for New York, Los Angeles, Washington, and San Antonio in the past.

Comments